Please Be Patient With Me

Hi!  I--Awesome--am the living with epilepsy/daughter part of the blog.an  Today I am going to share with you an awesome song by Wilco called "Please be Patient with Me".

Right off the bat, it sounds like a metaphor for epilepsy. Here are the lyrics:
Please Be Patient With Me (a song by Wilco)
When I'm not well
I can tell
Oh, there's nothing I can do
To make this easier for you 
You're gonna need to be patient with me 
I'm this apple, this happening stone
When I'm alone
Oh, but my blessings get so blurred
At the sound of your words 
I'm gonna need you to be patient with me 
How can I warn you when my tongue turns to dust
Like we've discussed
It doesn't mean I that don't care
It means I'm partially there 
You're gonna need to be patient with me
My comments and analysis:
I should warn you
When I'm not well
I can tell
The actual lyrics are "I can't tell", but I changed it so it would match better. I know when I am about to have a seizure, because I feel funny, and my head hurts.
Oh, there's nothing I can do
To make this easier for you
I can't do anything about epilepsy, yo.
You're gonna need to be patient with me 
Because of my seizures, I don't always catch everything people say to me, so they need to be patient with me.
I'm this apple, this happening stone
Absolutely nothing to do with epilepsy, but a fun lyric.
When I'm alone
Absolutely nothing to do with epilepsy, but a fun lyric.
Oh, but my blessings get so blurred
Sometimes, if I play video games like Warcraft III, the picture blurs.
At the sound of your words
Words don't ALWAYS make sense after I have a seizure.
I'm gonna need you to be patient with me
Again, because of my seizures, I don't always catch everything people say to me, so they need to be patient with me.
How can I warn you when my tongue turns to dust
Like we've discussed
After a seizure, I can't talk for a while.
It doesn't mean that I don't care
It means I'm partially there 
Pretty self explanatory.  When I have an absence seizure, I space out for a second and miss stuff.
You're gonna need to be patient with me
Once again, because of my seizures, I don't always catch everything people say to me, so they need to be patient with me.

Here's the song with video, if you want to listen and watch:

Comments