What it's Like to Have a Seizure



Hey guys, Awesome here, and today I am going to tell you what it's like to have a seizure.
The example I'll be using is my latest seizure, which was about five weeks ago.

It started when I was reading science with Daddy.  As I was reading to him about pufferfish, I started feeling really weird.

I told Mommy, who told me to smile, and then when she saw my smile was lop-sided, popped a Klonopin melt into my mouth.

Sensing another seizure was nigh, I shrieked,"I DON'T WANNA DO THIS!," causing my sister-in-law Alison to ask me what I didn't want to do.  I couldn't remember the word for seizure, so I just scowled at her.

Then my head twisted to the side, and...I woke up on the couch. (I had a seizure but don't remember anything about it.)

When I woke up, Mommy was standing over me.  She talked to me, and I was furious. I had had a seizure! Now my plans for the day were ruined.  I cried.

Mommy slipped in a Muppets Most Wanted DVD.  Now I got even angrier-- I was being distracted!  I scowled.  I didn't want to watch a movie.  I wanted to read Ozy and Mille.   I tried to pause the movie, accidentally turning it back to the title screen, and limped back to another room, to my brother's computer.

Mommy picked up what I was doing, and offered to type for me when I said I wanted comics.   I can't spell right after I have a seizure.  "Do you want Pooch Cafe?" she asked.  I shook my head.

Alison had noticed me reading Ozy and Millie earlier and suggested it.  I nodded. Mommy typed in Ozzy and Millie.  I told her there was one Z.   She brought up the strip I had been on--Ozy and Millie walking with Avery in the background.

I couldn't make out a single word besides"Poor Avery." I could see the words, but they didn't make any sense to me when I read them.  Alison read it to me.  It still didn't make sense.

But I was determined.  I kept reading through strip after strip until finally 99.999% of it began to make sense.

By the time I had read for an hour, I was mostly recovered.

Then, to cheer me up because I was sad from the seizure and also because I had just managed to drop my favorite stuffed animal into the toilet, Mommy took me out to the Thift Store--my favorite store.  I love the Thrift Store!!

Mommy bought me four stuffed animals:  Rose, a pink snake; her husband Scrakky, a lizard; his best friend, Carl, a Valentine's Day doberman, and Thunderbolt, a horse.  Yay!!!

Comments